Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SPARTACUS Just Around the Corner



I was fortunate enough to play quite a few playtest sessions on this game both here in Malaysia as well as in New Zealand, and I can definitely say this game is a lot of fun. It does a great job capturing both the intrigue and the arena bloodshed quite well in the game. When you play and participate in your first slave auction, gladiator battle, or alliance to ruin another player you'll see what I mean.

I haven't seen the finished game in all its glory yet, but I'll be certain to get a copy as soon as they become available! Try yourself when you can- I'm sure you'll dig it. If you're lucky enough to be able to attend GenCon this week, there will be a huge Spartacus playing area set up so be sure to pop by and check it out!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, we must get a copy and do mighty battles whilst also trying to stab each other in the back.
    Cool game. Love the dice mechanics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Based on the playtest games I watched, this is definitely something I am getting for myself! Looks real awesome! As a spectator I felt like I was at the Collosseum, and all us spectators were actually cheering the fighters on! When a game can make that happen, you know there's something awesome afoot.

    ReplyDelete