Thursday, May 26, 2011

Heavy Bolter Done!



I'm really pleased with how this came out. I did quite a few thin washes of umber/light grey for the dust effects, and I like the results. If I can keep this progress going, this army is going to FINALLY come together in the next few months!



Tomorrow it's assembly of the platoon command squad, and some conversion work. For my Chimeras, I'm planning on converting two or three port firing lasguns to have have protective chemical hoods on them. I also want to convert a backup compressor with a couple of hoses for the exterior of the track, to make sure the fighting compartment remains overpressurized in case of a chemical attack. I'm also thinking of taking pintle-mounted heavy stubbers with all six Chimera, but actually repping/converting them as coaxial MGs for the autocannon turret. What do you think?

1 comment: